Guess who has two thumbs and fell off the wagon this week????….. This guy!!
Just kidding….she doesn’t have thumbs…. and it was me…
I think it all started a couple weeks ago when we went to New Orleans. Beignets are a gateway drug ya’ll. Steer clear…. no, don’t steer clear, they’re amazing. All the cool kids are doing it.
Anyways, so New Orleans was like my teaser, I came home and got back into the groove of things for the most part but I made some pretty big errors too. I didn’t track my food, and I skipped a few workouts. Damn it Carlie! I should know better by now. Alas, here I am, and my daily weigh ins are definitely indicating I will have a weight gain this week. Especially since my mother in law has been here all week, and when people come to visit on vacation, they want to eat like they’re on vacation, which makes sense, because they’re on vacation! But damn it, I’m not on vacation and I have a very delicate balance I need to maintain when trying to lose weight!
So here I am, thinking about what the five ways I went wrong this week:
- Plan– I did not make a plan for the week. Normally I have a schedule for every meal and snack and I failed to do this. I am a planner and failing to plan definitely led to a plan for failure. womp womp womp.
- Restaurants, Diners, and Dives. Oh my!– I should’ve mapped out what meals would be eaten out. This would have allowed me to make more conservative choices at home in preparation for eating out, or I could have researched the menus to make better choices in advance of arriving to the restaurant. Alas, I let my eyes roam the menu which lead to one too many portions of mac and cheese and other heavy carb and fat-filled items.
- Workouts– I was on a very good schedule with my workouts. Monday, Wednesday, Friday I do dance fitness and strength training at home. Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday I jog and swim laps. This week not so much. I have really slacked off and only did each workout one time. blah.
- Ice cream– So much ice cream. We may have had ice cream twice a day somedays. We would get it from various ice cream shops while out and about and then I had Halo Top at home as well. Lord, what is wrong with me.
- Connect– I blame my brother. Typically I talk on the phone to my brother a couple times a week. And we talk about how we’re doing with our weight loss goals. The last couple weeks, I’ve been busy when he called or he’s been busy at work and hasn’t had a chance to discuss. So it’s been too easy to ignore the fact that the above 4 items occurred. This is your fault Joshua. I hope you’re happy.
In all seriousness though, I don’t really blame my brother. I slacked off this week. I’m to blame. BUT…. I’m human and I’m in this for the long haul, so I will suck it up, put the ice cream away and get back to the plan. I know you all have my back, and it keeps me motivated when someone tells me how I have motivated them! Never in a million years would I think I could do that for someone else. So I shall get back to work immediately! I have some hot points to earn.
Update on my current weightloss:
Week 6: I gained 2.6 lbs, bringing the total since Jan.3 up to 7.2 lbs lost, and from my heaviest weight ever 44 lbs. According to my weightloss spreadsheet I’m behind schedule from where I could be. Disappointing and motivating at the same time to quit dicking around.
Don’t forget to subscribe to http://www.listfiveblog.com on the right if you’re using a desktop computer or below if you’re on a mobile device. Thanks!!