I happen to be writing this early in the week. While I know that I have gained weight since the last time I did an update, I also know I have made every effort to get back on track this week, so I’m hoping for a loss on the scale by the time this is posted on Friday. I’ll throw an update on here last minute Friday morning.
Anywho, so there are a lot of tips and tricks and also false claims on how to lose weight. I have shared what I have been successful doing in the past and I decided my anecdotal story clearly validates it to be concrete science and should rightfully share it with you.
Weight loss Myths:
- Snacking is Bad: Snacking on garbage is bad. Snacking on real food like fruits and vegetables is not bad. When in weight loss mode I will have a snack at least 3x a day in between my meals to keep me from getting hungry. If I miss a snack and then mealtime rolls around and I’m ravenous, I’m more likely to overeat or eat not so healthy options. Don’t snack on these:
- Fast Food is Bad: Eating garbage at the fast food restaurant is bad. There are healthy options at almost every fast food restaurant. You need to train yourself to choose these options, or downsize your portions. For example, I absolutely love the spicy chicken sandwich at Chick Fil A, but it’s not exactly the healthiest option. So I save that bad boy for special occasions and select the cool chicken wrap instead. Skip the fries and go with a salad or fruit cup instead and you’re golden.
- Carbohydrates are Bad: Not all carbs are bad! Processed carbs are not the best choice, so if you can skip the white breads and pastas and shoot for whole grains, beans and brown rice, you’re going to be on a better track. Also fruits and veggies have carbs, but are super great for giving you energy and keeping you full longer than your processed choices.
- Weightlifting will Make you Gain Weight: False. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica. Doesn’t make sense? Sorry, just my favorite scene from The Office. So I did weightlifting over the summer and I didn’t gain weight. I lost weight. I’ve chatted about this before. Read all my weight loss posts. There aren’t that many and you’ve got time.
- Eating Late at Night=Weight Gain: Incorrect. As long as you aren’t just consuming more foods than you would in a typical day, then it doesn’t matter what time of the day you consume them. Does that make sense? So you get off work late and are starving and eat at 9pm, if that is your dinner, it doesn’t matter if you eat it at 9pm or 6pm. However if it is now your 2nd dinner, then we may have a problem.
Golly gee, aren’t weight issues fun? Final note: I started looking up images on weight loss to add some pizzazz to this post and pictures of pizza come up. Seriously? It’s a damn conspiracy to keep us all fat.
Update on my current weightloss:
Week 8: I gained 1.6 lbs, bringing the total since Jan.3 to 5.6 lbs lost, and from my heaviest weight ever 42.4 lbs.
Don’t forget to subscribe to http://www.listfiveblog.com on the right if you’re using a desktop computer or below if you’re on a mobile device. Thanks!!