This week has been tougher than last week. I took the time on Sunday to meal plan, to schedule out my days, and plan out my workouts. I had everything set up to make it a successful week. Despite this planning, I have had multiple hardships try to get in my way.
- I have had the biggest appetite all week.
- And then my husband asked me to make him banana bread, so I had a couple of unplanned pieces of that. (I make pretty delicious banana bread, I’ll have to share the recipe some time)
- I skipped a couple of my workouts. No valid reason why, other than being lazy.
- I had a couple of unplanned snacks. (See #1)
- No #5, so just 4 self-sabotaging, flagrant attacks on my weight loss endeavors.
Now even though I have had to combat all of these challenges this week, I also took some pretty awesome steps to stay on the healthy track.
- On Monday I started the c25k app to track and train my running again. I love, love, love this app for multiple reasons.
- It’s only 3x a week, so I don’t get burnt out with running.
- It tells me when to run and when to walk during my training, so it literally takes zero thought on my part.
- I can listen to music, or chat on the phone with my brother while still using the app
- On Tuesday I picked up a yoga mat and two 3lb hand weights to improve my at home workouts.
- Even though I skipped a few workouts, I still worked out everyday, just not all of the workouts I had planned. Currently my schedule is different activities 3x a day. I knew when I made this schedule that I wouldn’t really be able to commit to such an aggressive plan, so I don’t feel terrible about missing some of these workouts. The activities are:
- alternating running or yoga in the morning,
- focused muscle groups in the afternoon,
- alternating walking/bike riding in the evening.
- I posted a workout/food daily on my instagram. Feel free to follow me there @cjampics or click on the link to your right/bottom of this page. These posts keep me accountable. Apparently they haven’t gotten too annoying to anyone yet either. Mostly I get comments about them being a motivation for others to workout/eat healthier too!
- I don’t have a #5. Letting down my namesake (listfiveblog) left and right.
What does this all mean for the scale? If you recall, I was on track to lose my 3% weight loss goal for this month. Specifically I had lost 2.4 lbs in week one. This week I am .4 lbs down from my starting weight. Let’s make this next week better.