My name is Carlie and I am a travel addict.
It feels good to get that out.
This time last year I made a list of a few destinations I wanted to experience in 2017. You can read the original post here.
Let’s review what did and didn’t happen.
- New Orleans – check
- Overlanding the TransAmerican Trail – didn’t happen =(
- Camelback Mountain Resort and Waterpark– check
- Pensacola, Florida – check
- Washington – check; Alaska – didn’t happen =(
So these were what I planned to do for 2017. As you can see, most of my plans did happen! Some didn’t. But I was able to add some destinations that weren’t on my original list! Such as:
- Corpus Christi, Texas
- San Antonio, Texas
- OBX, North Carolina
- Road trip: Connecticut, Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire
- Big Bend National Park-Texas
2017 was a great year of traveling for me. I experienced so much more than I thought I would and it inspired a few of my travel goals for 2018.
- Visit 30 states before I turn 30 in November
- I was able to check off 7 states I never visited before in 2017. I have now visited 23 states in the USA, so I hope to visit 7 more states to bring my total to 30 states before my birthday.
- March 2018- Spring Break Road trip Oklahoma, Arkansas, Missouri, Kansas
- Moving We may be moving again this summer. Wherever we end up should give me the opportunity to add another state to my list. Will it be Mississippi? Will it be New Mexico? We shall see.
- Nevada Long weekend in Vegas? I’m hoping I can make this happen.
- New York: Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Weekend Vermont– since I’ll be in the area
- Learn Latvian in LatviaMy husband is from Latvia. He lived there until he was a teenager and Latvian is his first language. We’re approaching 8 years together and I’ve always said I wanted to learn the language. This is the year I make it happen!
- The University of Latvia offers a free intensive language course over the summer. So I’m hoping to make the journey to Latvia to spend 3 weeks finally making strides towards learning the languange of his people!
- Dirty Thirty Cruise
- I didn’t get to take a cruise in 2017, which is one of my favorite ways to vacay. I’m due. And I’d love to relax in Mexico with a margarita for my thirtieth birthday.
Do you have travel goals for 2018?
Don’t forget to subscribe to http://www.listfiveblog.com on the right if you’re using a desktop computer or below if you’re on a mobile device. Thanks!!