Yes, I am aware that I used the homophone for wait. It’s my attempt at being punny.
My struggles with healthy living and weightloss are an ongoing battle. I haven’t written about it recently because I’ve had so much more fun writing about my travel obsessions and also preparing for this wonderful move I have coming up in less than two weeks.
But, I have made some progress in getting to a healthier weight for myself and I have 5 reasons why!
- Money Incentive– Remember my post about using Trump to motivate weightloss? Well refresh your memory here. I’m doing a little bit of this again, in partnership with my best friend and my brother. I sent my brother a check that he will get to cash and then donate the money to somewhere less than desirable if I do not lose 5 lbs monthly. We started this in December and every month we have consistently reached our goals!
- Daily and Weekly Weigh ins– Every Friday we submit a photo of us on the scale with our current weight. It’s the one on the 1st of each month that really matters, but the weekly weighins helps to keep us on track. I actually weigh myself daily, because I’m a tad obsessive. It works for me. Don’t judge.
- Weight Watchers– I joined weightwatchers again. I did weightwatchers for about 6 months last year, and was very successful with it. I decided I didn’t need it anymore and then I gained back 3/4 of the weight I had lost. I’m back on it now and steadily working towards my end goal. Love weightwatchers.
- Getting Physical– I’ve tried a myriad of different excercise routines over the last 3 months. Walking long distances, at home work outs using Tone It Up’s app, and C25K interval training app. I’ll stick to one for a period of time, and then switch it up to another. I canceled my gym membership to save myself the $50 monthly bill. I do miss some of the classes, the pool, and especially the sauna, but $50 dollars……. money talks.
- Lists– I make a list everyday of my meals for the day and my to-dos. This includes workouts, and chores that need to be completed. There are few things in this world that I love more than being able to cross something off of my list as accomplished.
I’m pleased with the progress I’ve made so far. I’ve lost over 15 pounds since November. I also just booked a trip to Europe in July and I’d like to have a more comfortable flight by being a more comfortable size. That’s really my motivator in losing weight. Smaller clothes, means easier packing for travel, and also a smaller body, means easier traveling on public transportation! ha!